Sending Funds to Transforming Communities for Social Change’s Bank Account
in Kenya through WorldRemit.
Note 1: Checks may be made out to “David Zarembka/TCSC” with memo of account number: 0210 33 94570 and mailed to CapitalOne Bank, 812 Muddy Branch Road, Gaithersburg, MD 20878.
Note 2: PayPal: You may now donate to TCSC through PayPal by clicking this link:
World Remit is an international internet wire transfer service that can be found at www.worldremit.com.
The charge to send funds to a bank account in Kenya is $.99 to $4.99 depending upon the amount.
- Rate is very low.
- Funds arrive in the Kenyan bank account the next day.
- After the first transaction, a subsequent transaction takes only about a minute.
- If you enter the referral code of “DAVIDZ41” in the referral code box, after you have sent $100 through WorldRemit, both TCSC and you will receive a WorldRemit voucher for $20.
- The limit per day is $2,000, but one can always send more the following day.
- For money laundering security, on the first transaction you must submit a copy of your driver’s license or passport picture page.
- You must use a debit or credit card.
- Donations through WorldRemit are not US tax deductible.
- WorldRemit only includes the first name of the sender so please email firstname.lastname@example.org to indicate you have made a donation so that TCSC can thank you.
How to fill out transaction:
- Log on to worldremit.com and register with driver’s license or passport. Enter referral code of “DAVIDZ41” in the referral code box.
- Send to Kenya.
- Select service: Bank Deposit
- Change blank to “Send” and put in amount in dollars.
- Fill out form as follows:
Bank name: Co-operative Bank of Kenya Limited
Branch name: Kakamega
Account number: 1134165266600
First Name: United for Peace
Middle Name: and Community
Last Name: Development
Mobile Phone: 254 726590783
Your own Reference: “Donation” or specify project to be supported
Sending reason: Family and Friend Support
Note: United for Peace and Community Development has changed its name to “Transforming Communities for Social Change” (TCSC), but the Kenyan Government has not yet issued the certificate for the name change. When TCSC receives it, they will change the bank account name to Transforming Communities for Social Change.